Programme Description: The Palestinian Market Development Programme (PMDP) is funded by UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the European Union (EU)
in-cooperation with the Ministry of National Economy and implemented by DAI-Europe over a period of five years, with offices in Ramallah and Gaza.
The programme has been designed to improve market systems and improve the competitiveness of the Palestinian private sector. PMDP aims to improve private sector competitiveness through technical assistance and matching grants. Additionally, PMDP will work on strengthening trade and investment linkages as well as linkages with the Palestinian Diaspora to play an active role in economic development in the OPTs.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Gaza-based Business Advisor (up to 6 months contract).
Scope of Work
PMDP is looking to recruit a Gaza-based Business Advisor to work with the PMDP team and clients on the delivery of the grants component.
- Reviewing PMDP grants application and assess firms to get back to operation.
- Conducting field visits for applicants, assessing firms repair and replacement as well as employment needs and developing relevant reports and ToRs.
- Developing relevant business recovery plans.
- Severing on decision making body- Assessment Panel- to decide grants awards.
- Providing support to procurement of repair and replacement services for grant beneficiaries, in line with PMDP operations manual rules and requirements.
- Monitoring firms’ progress and regularly conduct field visits.
- Developing project reports and maintaining project and client information on the PMDP project information system, according to project standards.
- Other duties, as requested by the Team Leader.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
A person to be appointed to the position of Business Advisor shall meet the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum bachelor degree in industrial civil, mechanical, electromechanical engineering or any other related field.
- A previous relevant work experience for at least 4 years.
- A previous experience in managing recovery plans of industrial firms is preferable.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer including Excel, Microsoft Office and Power Point.
- Serious, trustworthy, disciplined, dependable and responsible.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English language.
- Assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Ability to work with teams.
- Flexibility to move among various cities and villages for the work’s needs and benefit.
- Applicants must have valid driving license.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position you’re applying for no later than Thursday November 13th, 2014 @ 16:00.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------