In 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesian started to offer postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
However, since 2002, after the cold war ended, the scholarship has been offered to citizens of other developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, South Korea, Suriname, Guyana, Turkey, Vietnam, Vanuatu and attracted more applicants. Over the years up to 2010 was recorded that 582 students from 53 countries have been awarded this scholarship program.
Due to the international political development, the use of the term â€œNAMâ€ was considered irrelevant, which has resulted into the change of Developing Countries Partnership Scholarship (DCPS) or Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB).
- Fields of study (be advised that not every university offers the following fields of study)
- Period of Study :
- Indonesian Language : 8 Months
- Master Preparatory Programs : 4 Months
- Master Programs : 24 Months (4 Semester)
- Research in the framework of the graduate program should be carried out in Indonesia.
- Should the research be carried in the respective home country, all the cost will be borne by the respective student.
All lectures and thesis writing will be in the Indonesian language.
(to be given at the beginning of the third semester)
The scholarship will be given for a maximum of 36 months with the following schedule
Indonesian Language Course
Sept ’11 – April ’12
May ’12 – August’12
Sept ’12 – August’14
The Indonesian Government provides a round-trip international airfare (economic class) from the international airport of the studentsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ home countries to Jakarta.
The participants are prohibited to use the Tourist Visa or On-Arrival Visa , since it will have effect in processing the Stay-Permit.